Is there anything cuter than a newborn baby in a staged photo? Obviously, the answer is no! So it comes as no surprise that a growing trend among new parents is the baby photo shoot, as couples are turning to a wide range of decorations, costumes, and set designs to showcase their child.
From Harry Potter-themed snapshots to pictures of babies cuddling with their favorite canine, these shoots are a unique way for parents to express themselves creatively, while also sharing the adorable pictures with their loved ones. Here is a complete list of suggestions for you to take some unforgettable photos of your pride and joy.
1. Giddy Up, Cowboy!A cowboy or girl theme is perfect for a precocious baby with a sense of adventure, and it’s a true classic. To really go all out (and honestly, why wouldn’t you?), dress up the set with props from your favorite western movies, like “Gunfight at the O.K. Corral” or “Stagecoach.” Howdy, partner!
2. Get Wild with Some CamoPerfect for any baby born into a family of hunters or servicemen and women, the camo-themed baby shoot is surprisingly popular. Whether you go for real-tree camo, the Duck Dynasty look, or a more classic Military Green, you can’t go wrong decking your infant out in some colorful camouflage.
3. Baby’s Best FriendLots of families already own a dog or two when they welcome a newborn into their home. What better way to make sure that everyone gets along than a series of cute photos they can all cherish for a lifetime? One tip to ensure the dogs behave on the set is to provide them with an ample supply of treats!
4. Pigskin PerfectionIt comes as no surprise that many babies are born into families of die-hard football fans. Whether you’re a New England Patriots fanatic or a Seattle Seahawks lifer, you’ll want to introduce your child early on to the hallowed tradition of rooting for your team.
Every football team sells pint-sized apparel at their pro shops or web stores, and a memorable photo shoot can pave the way for your baby to become a life-long supporter of your favorite team.
5. Who Says Babies Can’t Read?Are you less of a sports family, and more into reading and other literary pursuits? Well, rest assured, the bookworm baby photo shoot is just as popular.
Whether you decide to dress your baby as a favorite character from a treasured tome, like the Harry Potter series, or just emphasize that your baby will one day love to read as much as you do, all manner of books and magazines serve well as props.
6. Take Me Out to the BallgameLike football fans, baseball fandom and loyalty run deep for many American families. This is especially true for fans of teams with an intense rivalry at stake, like the Boston Red Sox’s century-old beef with the New York Yankees. With the competition so fierce, you’ll want your baby to take up the cause from an early age.
7. Your Little HeroAre you a fireman or a policeman? Perhaps these themes will fit your baby’s photo shoot. Use your own uniform for a more comedic approach or just buy a baby-sized costume to keep everything on point and adorable.
No matter what you outfit you choose, just make sure to set up a good scene! But that said, don’t use any real fire, as you don’t want to put your precious little one in danger!
8. Ahoy! It’s a Pirate!
My personal favorite, and a great theme for the rebellious baby, is the pirate theme. Is your baby bound for the high seas? Does he or she possess a spirit of adventure, and perhaps a little bit of the swashbuckler in them? Well, then this is the photo shoot for you.
With a number of costumes available online and in costume stores, your baby could become the next Long John Silver or Captain Jack Sparrow.
Put it All Together with AdoramaPix
If you want to assemble a book of your own baby photos, or even make a calendar out of the best pictures from your shoot — choosing a different theme for every month — consider a service like AdoramaPix. AdoramaPix’s easy-to-use, customizable templates are perfect for creating a beautiful book of all your best photos.